Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why did Melanie Lynskey's husband Jason Ritter re-propose to her? ‘Yellowjackets’ star reveals reason behind unusual practice

2023-07-19 06:29
Melanie Lynskey and Jason Ritter announced their engagement in 2017 and tied the knot in 2020 in a small, private ceremony in Atlanta
Why did Melanie Lynskey's husband Jason Ritter re-propose to her? ‘Yellowjackets’ star reveals reason behind unusual practice

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Melanie Lynskey and Jason Ritter are one of the cutest couples in Hollywood, but their romance has an unusual twist: Ritter re-proposes to his wife of “all the time.” The Yellowjackets star, 46, recently explained the sweet reason behind this habit in an interview for Shut Up Evan: The Newsletter.

Ritter, 43, who met Lynskey on the set of the 2013 film 'The Big Ask', surprised her during the interview by popping up as a guest and asking her, “Will you marry me (again)? Please get back to me as quickly as possible. Thank you. Bye!” Lynskey laughed and recalled his cute gesture.

'The first time he proposed, it wasn’t great'

“That’s a little inside joke,” she said. “The first time he proposed, it wasn’t great. So he re-proposes all the time to make up for it, which is really cute.” The couple announced their engagement in 2017 and tied the knot in 2020 in a small, private ceremony on their front porch in Atlanta with just two friends in attendance, Ali Ahn and William Jackson Harper as per People. They share a daughter, who was born in December 2018. The pair met while costarring in the 2013 film 'The Big Ask'.

'It was actually a very fun wedding day, but it didn’t need to happen'

Lynskey, in a 2022 interview, said that they got married before she left to work on 'Yellowjackets' in Canada because she was told that Ritter wouldn’t be able to join her otherwise. However, she later found out that this was not true and that he could have gotten into Canada without being married. “It was actually a very fun wedding day, but it didn’t need to happen,” she said. "We got married on the front porch of our little rental house in Atlanta," she said. Complaining, "He could totally have gotten into Canada.”

'I knew she was incredible'

Lynskey was previously married to actor Jimmi Simpson from 2007 to 2014. Ritter opened up about his struggle with alcoholism and how it affected his relationship with Lynskey in March. He told 'The Drew Barrymore Show' that he wanted to be the kind of partner that Lynskey “deserved.” He said that he quit drinking after a year and started to feel like he could be that person for her. “I knew she was incredible,” he said. “It was working on myself enough to feel like maybe I can be the one for her, too.” Lynskey praised her husband for his honesty and kindness in an interview with Entertainment Tonight in April. “He’s such a beautiful human being,” she said.

'He’s such a beautiful human being'

She said he always communicated with her and helped others who were dealing with addiction issues. “He’s always very willing to take responsibility and he’s kind.”

She added in the interview that he always communicated with her and helped others who were dealing with addiction issues. Not knowing he will open up about his past struggles, she said, "I've been on the whole journey with him. There was a time where it was really tough for him to talk about it. I think for a lot of people with addiction issues, it's very hard to own it," before adding, “He’s such a beautiful human being."

Tags news epcelebs