Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How did Alex Collins start his Irish dance celebration? Ravens and Seahawks running back dies at 28

2023-08-15 11:17
On August 13, Sunday, Former NFL running back Alex Collins died in Florida as a result of a motorcycle accident at the age of 28
How did Alex Collins start his Irish dance celebration? Ravens and Seahawks running back dies at 28

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Former NFL running back, Alex Collins, has died at 28, as a result of a motorcycle accident. The tragic news was disclosed by John Harbaugh, the head coach of the Baltimore Ravens.

Collins previously played for the Seattle Seahawks and the Baltimore Ravens.

On August 13, Sunday, at around 10.30 pm, Collins who was driving a motorcycle struck another vehicle while attempting to make a left turn across the lane in Lauderdale Lakes, Florida. Tragically, he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Collins was loved by many, as his fans and the sports community mourn his loss after his unexpected and sudden death at 28. While Collins was known for being an exceptional footballer, his celebration dance often stood out.

His fans have taken to Twitter to express their grief over Collins’ death as they share videos of the footballer’s celebration dance, which was an Irish style of dancing.

How did Alex Collins start his Irish Dance celebration?

In an interview with CBS News, Collins once said that he learned this particular style of Irish dancing from the daughter of his high school football coach. He also admitted that he was “surprised at how hard it was.”

However, Collins stuck with this dance, and also expressed that this Irish dance is the “secret to his football success.” Collins told CBS News that the dance form helped him develop “calf muscles like the Hulk.”

It wasn’t long before his fans fell in love with his Irish celebration dance, and now, as they mourn his loss, this is what they remember him by.

Collins’ Irish dance goes viral as fans mourn NFL star's death

The Internet has started sharing videos of Collins learning the dance as well as celebrating it on the field as one person tweeted, “Alex Collins used to do this Irish Dance as a touchdown celebration too. Everyone would say he was always a joyful light in the room. Rest in peace, Alex 🙏🏽 💔,” and another fan wrote, “Alex Collins combined his joy and passion for football with his love of Irish dance. He was a fun player to watch and cover. Just incredibly sad news.”

Love and appreciation are being poured in by all those who remember this young footballer and share memories of him. One person tweeted, “RIP Alex Collins ☘️Vividly remember when he met with a young boy who had been bullied for his love of Irish dance. He helped give the boy confidence to do the thing he loved. Pure soul who’s gone too soon.”

As fans expressed their shock, the mention of his Irish dance didn’t go amiss as one fan tweeted, “Wtfffff I’ll never forget the Irish dance TD celebration. RIP Alex Collins 💜” and another wrote, “My God.... this can't be real. I'm in tears right now. AC3 was literally my favorite hog during that era. He always handed the ball to the officials, was always respectful, loved to help out kids, and did that awesome Irish dance in the NFL. Rest in peace, Alex Collins.”

People will always remember Collins for his sport, personality, and for his dance, which has been made evident with his Irish dance now viral on Twitter. One fan expressed their emotions and tweeted, “RIP to Alex Collins, a terrific player and person. I’ll never forget watching him shred the Steelers and Irish dance in the end zone throughout the night.”