Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I wish my album had gone as viral': Lana Del Rey talks about working behind the counter at Waffle House

2023-09-21 07:51
'I also feel, maybe spiritually, there was something I needed to learn from having people be so adamantly and vocally,' reflected Lana Del Ray
'I wish my album had gone as viral': Lana Del Rey talks about working behind the counter at Waffle House

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Lana Del Rey was recently seen working behind the counter at a Waffle House and her fans were totally surprised.

After the clip went viral on social media platforms, many theories came to light. But the ‘Doin’ Time’ crooner spilled the beans on the incident.

Talking to The Hollywood Reporter, the singer said, “We were on our third hour, and the servers asked, ‘Do you guys want shirts?’”

The singer who was in Waffle House Florence, Alabama, responded, “Hell yeah! We were thrilled.” The manager of the outlet shared a short clip of the ‘Summertime Sadness’ singer on Facebook in July.

Lana Del Rey explains her 'working day' at Waffle House

Del Rey revealed when the manager asked her to serve for a customer. “This guy, a regular, comes in every day and orders two things, so they were like, ‘Just go get it for him!’” Del Rey further shared.

“I brought him a Coke. No ice. And an empty cup,” which the customer used for spitting chewing tobacco.

A fan account, too, shared a few pictures on its Instagram as Lana Del Rey prepared coffee and posed with a few lucky fans.

The artist joked, “I wish my album had gone as viral.” Del Rey continued, “I woke up to, like, 10,000 texts the next morning — some from folks I had not heard from for 10 years. ‘Saw your picture at the Waffle House!’”

The 38-year-old's latest album ‘Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd’ is produced by Jack Antonoff who lauded singer’s singing prowess.

Antonoff said, “[She] likes to roll around in her truck and drink gas-station coffee. That can disarm people, but there’s no bit.”

Lana Del Rey explains what music means to her

Del Rey also talked about what music means to her. “Music is kind of like a little blackbird on my shoulder, always pecking at me — even when I’m not interested in making music. And I really am genuinely interested in doing other things. Music is just relentless,” she said.

The performer also discussed the theme of her recent music where she seems to be exploring darker aspects of American life. "One hundred percent," she agreed with the inerviewer.

"I also feel, maybe spiritually, there was something I needed to learn from having people be so adamantly and vocally against it. There was room for me to look at why. It’s possible there are some things I might not have delved into [in my music] had I not heard the same critical throughline over and over and over again," she added.