Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'He wrote a whole essay': Internet in splits as Drake hits back at Joe Budden's criticism of his album

2023-10-08 21:18
Drake labeled Joe Budden a 'failure' and the 'poster child of frustration'in respnse to the latter's criticism of 'For All the Dogs'
'He wrote a whole essay': Internet in splits as Drake hits back at Joe Budden's criticism of his album

CLEVELAND, OHIO: Rapper Drake dubbed former rapper and podcaster Joe Budden a 'failure' and lambasted him in a lengthy Instagram post in response to Budden's criticism of the singer's 'For All the Dogs' album.

The former rapper had previously slammed the 'God's Plan' artist for his flair for making songs for a younger audience on a recent edition of 'The Joe Budden Podcast'.

The 'Pump It Up' rapper earlier accused Drake of alienating his elder fanbase and pandering to the younger generation, to which the '6 God' singer had a lengthy retort on Saturday, October 7.

The megastar from Toronto repeatedly attacked Budden, calling him a 'failure' and a 'quitter', TMZ said.

How did Drake respond to Joe Budden's criticism?

In an essay-length tirade against Budden, Drake wrote, "@joebudden you have failed at music. You left it behind to do what you are doing in this clip cause this is what actually pays your bills…"

He went on, "You switched careers cause the things that pop into your brain had you broke living cheque to cheque and the raps you write had 450 men showing up to your shows in dusty Enyce jeans to screw up their face to Mood Muzik 29 and pretend you are the goat."

Drake continued to offer words of wisdom to people who are following their dreams regardless of what others might think. The 36-year-old believes that Budden is the "poster child of frustration."

"Pls to any artist that's doing what they feel is right don't let these opinions affect your mindset after the fact," he said and added, "This guy is the poster child of frustration and surrendering."

"You retired and we never hung up your jersey we don't even remember your number. We know you for doing this…you withdrew from rap not cause you accomplished all you need to it's cause it wasn't working for you," Drake said.

Budden replied, "You'll grow up sooner or later... Father time is undefeated."

Drake's extensive Instagram post was in response to Budden's critique of Drizzy's new album, 'For All the Dogs', on his podcast. The retired podcaster even advised Drizzy to associate with individuals his own age.

Budden criticized Drake in the video for using the names of young people, such as popular Twitch streamer Kai Cenat (on 'First Person Shooter'), in his references.

"He rappin’ for the children. Yo dog, I had to look up how old this ni**a was when I finished listening to the album," Budden said on the show.

"I miss the Drake that was rapping for the rappers. I miss the Drake that when he dropped, the rappers hit him. Not these little f**kin’ kids," he added.

Internet in splits after Drake's response

Social media users were left in splits following Drake's enraged lengthy response against Budden. One user took to X (formerly Twitter) to exclaim, "Damn that really struck a nerve, he wrote a whole essay."

A second X user mused, "A grown man criticizing another grown man about how he does business and not asking him to do business to do better business. I never thought I’d see this day…"

"I don’t like Drake but oh my god that’s a read," snarked another.

One X user mocked, "Drake said, "You retired and we never hung up your jersey we don’t even remember your number.” Joe Budden got cooked Petty King."

Another noted that Drake needs to grow up and wrote, "Man hate to see one of my fav rappers sound like a scorned little child. He really gotta grow up."

"He big mad! Wrote a novel! Haha," someone exclaimed.

One user confused Joe Budden with US President Joe Biden and wrote, "Had to do a double take for a second, I thought “Joe Budden” was a typo of someone else."

Several memes and funny clips also began circulating following the war of words between the two rappers.

Tags news