Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Taylor Swift’s 'Minnesota soccer mom' impression resurfaces as pop star skips Travis Kelce's Chiefs vs Vikings game

2023-10-09 17:48
While Taylor Swift's hilarious impression made a comeback, her absence from the latest game and Travis Kelce's birthday celebrations left fans puzzled
Taylor Swift’s 'Minnesota soccer mom' impression resurfaces as pop star skips Travis Kelce's Chiefs vs Vikings game

MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA: In a delightful blast from the past, a video of Taylor Swift impersonating a Minnesota soccer mother from 2010 has resurfaced, coinciding with her rumored boyfriend Travis Kelce's Sunday, October 8, game against the Minnesota Vikings.

In the viral video, the 12-time Grammy winner playfully prefaced her impression on the BBC’s 'The Switch', explaining that she had a particular version of what the Minnesota "soccer mom" trope might sound like in her head.

Taylor Swift's hilarious 'Minnesota soccer mom' act

During an appearance on the BBC’s 'The Switch' in 2010, Taylor, who was in her early 20s, transformed into the character of a Minnesota mother recollecting an encounter with a deer on her way to pick up her son from soccer practice.

With a convincing Midwestern accent, she said, "I was driving down the road the other day, and I was in my van...this dang deer just jumped out in front of my van, and I didn’t even know what was going on."

"And I was just trying to pick up Timmy from soccer. I didn’t ask for that deer to go out in the middle of the road. If I hit the deer, then I got that on my mind all day, and I gotta clean off my car," continued Taylor in the character.

The interviewers and friends cheered and laughed as the 'Blank Space' singer concluded her spot-on impersonation.

Taylor Swift's absence from Travis Kelce's game leaves fans puzzled

The revival of the decade-old clip gained attention as Taylor's rumored beau, Travis Kelce, and his team, the Kansas City Chiefs, faced off against the Minnesota Vikings at US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis.

However, despite attending Kelce's last two games, the pop sensation did not make the trip to the Midwest to support the tight end this time.

The reasons for her absence remain unclear, as she doesn't resume her 'Eras Tour' until the next month. Nevertheless, Kelce, a two-time Super Bowl champion, made an impressive comeback during the game, even after suffering an ankle injury in the first half.

He returned to the field and scored a touchdown, leading the Chiefs to a triumphant 27-20 victory over the Vikings. Notably, Taylor was also absent during Kelce's low-key 34th birthday celebrations, which took place just a few days prior.

Taylor Swift's 'Minnesota soccer mom' impression sparks online delight

During the Kansas City Chiefs vs Minnesota Vikings game, netizens couldn't hold back on their opinions about Taylor Swift's uproarious impersonation of a Minessota soccer mother.

A Reddit thread on the r/minnesota subreddit revisited the clip, as one user said, "She nailed ‘snooow drift’. Well done."

Another added, "I was prepared to be offended but I got a good laugh instead," while a person claimed, "She kinda nailed it, doncha knoooow."

One quipped, "That DANG deer! Nailed it!"

"Alright, now I get what Kelce sees in her. That was hot," read yet another response.

A person noted, "Yeah that’s actually pretty gosh darn good," as a user chimed in, "I want to be mad, but that's pretty accurate."

Tags news