Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Today' host Hoda Kotb once shared she has 'love, time and an open space' for a third child

2023-09-25 16:19
Hoda Kotb shares two adopted daughters, Haley Joy and Hope Catherine, with her ex-fiance, Joel Schiffman
'Today' host Hoda Kotb once shared she has 'love, time and an open space' for a third child

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: ‘Today’ beloved host Hoda Kotb once opened up on co-parenting for a PEOPLE Magazine cover story where she also talked about her thoughts on welcoming a third child.

Kotb experienced unparalleled love and happiness when she and her former fiance, Joel Schiffman, welcomed their first daughter, Haley Joy, in 2017 through adoption. Her name was inspired by the famous comet, symbolizing its once-in-a-lifetime significance.

The 'Today' host's happiness multiplied when she adopted Haley's younger sister, Hope Catherine, two years later. Kotb chose the name due to her heartfelt aspirations, signifying the child she had longed for.

No wonder, Kotb would desire to potentially extend the joy by welcoming a third child into her life.

Hoda Kotb opened up about her plans to adopt a third child

In 2022, 'Today’ host Hoda Kotb shared that the Covid-19 pandemic delayed her plans to adopt a third child, however, she still dreams of giving her daughters another sibling.

She said, "It’s definitely in the universe for me. I feel like whatever is meant to be is meant to be. But I know a few things. I have love and time, and we have an open space," to PEOPLE Magazine for its 'Family Issue' cover story, as per Hello.

Despite ending their engagement in early 2022, Kotb and Schiffman continue to be dedicated co-parents to their daughters, Haley and Hope.

In an interview with PEOPLE Magazine, the 'Today' host praised her ex-partner, emphasizing that he is a "great dad."

She stated, "I don’t regret one day, not one minute, not one second of our time together because it brought me here. I have two incredible children I share with him. And it’s because of Joel that I have Haley and Hope, without question.

"I think I might have been too afraid to do it alone. That’s not something I love to admit, but it’s true," added Kotb.

Hoda Kotb’s long absence from 'Today' show for daughter Hope

During Hoda Kotb’s absence from the ‘Today’ show earlier this year, she posted cryptic yet hopeful messages on Instagram, leading fans to speculate if she had positive news to share.

These messages, like "Sometimes miracles are just good people with kind hearts" and "Choose hope," prompted support and well-wishes from her followers. However, no specific update was provided at that time.

It was revealed a little later that she was absent from the morning show due to her daughter, Hope, being admitted to the hospital.

However, upon her return to 'Today', Kotb disclosed that her daughter had been in the ICU, adding, "My youngest, Hope, was in the ICU for a few days and in the hospital for a little more than a week."

During the March 6 episode, she expressed, "I'm so grateful she's home. She is back home. I was waiting for that day to come. And we are watching her closely. I'm just so happy."

Tags news