Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jessica Simpson leaves internet in splits as she shares encounter with fan who mistook her for Britney Spears: 'Signed it with your knives'

2023-10-15 19:46
Jessica Simpson revealed on Instagram that a fan confused her with Britney Spears and asked for an autograph
Jessica Simpson leaves internet in splits as she shares encounter with fan who mistook her for Britney Spears: 'Signed it with your knives'

NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE: Jessica Simpson shared her awkward encounter with a fan in her latest Instagram post.

In the humorous post, the singer revealed that she was mistaken for Britney Spears by an autograph seeker. The funny fan mix-up happened during Simpson's trip to a mall.

A case of mistaken identity

Simpson shared a selfie with her daughter Maxwell Drew, showing exaggerated, shocked faces with the caption: "The face when someone in the parking lot at the mall asks you for your autograph, but expects you to sign it Britney Spears."

Both pop stars occasionally get mixed up by fans due to their striking resemblances. Both have bright blonde hair and dark brown eyes. Their music career also took off in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

Simpson and Spears, along with their former partners, have participated in reality shows.

Internet users react

Instagram users jumped up to the comment section to offer their opinions. Many asked her whether she was dancing with knives.

The funny knife reference is from Spears's video on Instagram a few days ago. In the video, Spears' was seen dancing in her home with knives, which later prompted a police wellness check.

One user commented, "Were you dancing with knives or something?"

"Hope you signed it with your knives," said another user. A third user asked, "Were you holding a brand new set of knives."

Some users also commented praising both Simpson and Spears.

"Jessica and Britt are both blonde and Beautiful. I can understand the mistake," said a user. While another stated, "Both of you are gorgeous and from the same era!"

One user said," "LOL!!! yeh you do resemble her."

Some Simpson fans also commented that the stars have no resemblance.

"No way!!! Not even close!! You are the Best!!!" stated one user. Another fan commented, "Jessica way better looking."

"I hope you corrected them!!!" said another user.

Britney Spears thinks she looks like Jessica Simpson

In December 2022, Spears shared an Instagram post with the caption: "Why do I look EXACTLY like Jessica Simpson ??? Also my face looks so pale!!!"

She shared a throwback photo of her in the post where she was sucking in her cheeks, making her look more like Simpson.

Tags news