Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The Voice' Season 24: Who is Mac Royals? 'American Idol' alum gets 4-chair turn after winning Jennifer Lopez's 3 yeses

2023-10-03 11:18
'The Voice' Season 24 singer Mac Royals is 30 years old and has a huge social media following, with 71.6K followers on Instagram
'The Voice' Season 24: Who is Mac Royals? 'American Idol' alum gets 4-chair turn after winning Jennifer Lopez's 3 yeses

UNIVERSAL CITY, CALIFORNIA: 'The Voice' Season 24 singer Malcolm Allen aka Mac Royals impressed the judges by singing 'Gravity' by John Mayer in the audition round. The judges did not think twice to turn the chair for Mac.

When asked to introduce himself, the singer claimed, "My name is Mac Royals and I'm from Wrightville, Arkansas." Mac is 30 years old and has a huge social media following, with 71.6K followers on Instagram.

For those who couldn't recognize Mac's face, the singer is a former 'American Idol' contestant. He was in the Top 10 male finalists on Season 13 of 'American Idol'.

Mac impressed Jennifer Lopez during his 'American Idol' audition round. Singing 'Superstition' by Stevie Wonder, Mac moved all the way to the semifinals in Season 13.

Being impressed by Mac's performance, Jennifer Lopez claimed the performance was worth 3 yeses from her alone.

Mac Royals' rendition of 'Gravity' makes coaches forget John Mayer

As Mac sang John Mayer's song 'Gravity', he became one of the contestants who ever manged to get quickest 4-chair turn.

Listening to Mc's voice, John Legend says, "That was such a beautiful rendition of that song. You made us forget about the original and just think about who is this person and I was so moved by the performance."

Gwen Stefani complimented Mac, "You weren't trying to show off your voice, you were showing off you and your heart." She added, "You sound like such a true pure artist."

Niall Horan believed he heard a "fellow songwriter" in Mac's voice.

'The Voice' coach Reba McEntire connects emotionally with Mac Royals over small-town living

After 3 judges pitched, it was Reba McEntire's turn. She made a connection with the singer over their small town living. She said, "Mac, I'm from Oklahoma, so we're like neighbors."

She then recalled, "I had 8 team people in my hometown while growing up." Reba added, "So, I do know about small town giving back, helping out." She ended her pitch claiming to have loved Mac's song.

'The Voice' Season 24: Mac Royals joins Team Reba McEntire

When asked whose team Mac would like to join, he looked around confused seeing each judge pitch themselves.

Before choosing his coach, Mac said, "When I was a kid, one of the very very strong woman that was in my life was my grandmother."

He then revealed as a child he and his grandmother used o watch Reba's show, therefore, Mac went ahead to chose Reba to pay tribute to his grandmother.

Reba said in excitement, Mac chose me, did I heart that right?"

Season 24 of 'The Voice' will show back-to-back episodes on Mondays and Tuesdays beginning at 8 pm ET through the blind auditions and battle rounds.