Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'It broke my heart': 'Reality' star Sydney Sweeney reveals why she blames herself for parents' divorce

2023-05-30 14:26
Sydney Sweeney recalled how, at the age of 11, she told her parents that she wanted to be an actress
'It broke my heart': 'Reality' star Sydney Sweeney reveals why she blames herself for parents' divorce

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Sydney Sweeney is one of Hollywood's most gifted actresses who has been steadily rising in popularity. She has worked on over 30 productions, and Cassie Howard's character from 'Euphoria' is one of her most popular roles. Sydney has worked in popular shows like 'Sharp Objects', 'Everything Sucks!', and 'The Handmaid's Tale'. She will next be seen as a real-life veteran portraying Reality Winner for director Tina Satter's movie 'Reality', scheduled to release on Monday, May 29.

According to actress Viola Davis, the hardest aspect of being a star is overcoming obstacles in the cutthroat Hollywood entertainment industry. A reliable support network provides the motivation required to persevere, and Sydney's situation is no different. Her parents played a pivotal role in her professional success. However, the actress continues to blame herself for the unfortunate separation of their parents, as per The Things. Although she did try to reunite them, she, unfortunately, failed to do so.

READ MORE

10 SEXIEST CELEB INSTA PICS OF THE WEEK: Maluma, Kylie Jenner, and Sydney Sweeney will make you swoon

Sydney Sweeney sizzles in racy monokini in social media post for her swimsuit brand Frankies Bikinis

Who are Sydney Sweeney's parents?

Sydney's mother Lisa Sweeney is a Gonzaga University School of Law alumni, as per Briefly. Before becoming an attorney in Spokane, Washington, she served as an assistant attorney general for the Washington State Office of the Attorney General. Sydney's mother was appointed chief executive officer of SBC Holdings, LLC, in August 2018 and continues to serve in that position.

On the other hand, nothing much is known about Sydney's father Scott Sweeney's early years and academic career. However, based on the information we were able to gather from the readily available records, the father of the actress works in the medical field. Although the details of Sydney's parents' marriage are unknown, they are the proud parents of two children, Sydney, and her brother, Trent.

Sydney Sweeney's parents sacrificed a lot for her

Sydney recalled how, at the age of 11, she told her parents that she wanted to be an actress, in the interview with Coveteur. Although she did mention how school was equally important. They gave her a chance, and as the years went by, Sydney began to find success, like finding a role in 'Euphoria' and being on the cover of Flaunt magazine. Though Sydney eventually persuaded her parents that she had a future in the American entertainment industry, success was by no means easy. To give their daughter the fame she has today, her parents had to make many sacrifices.

Sydney's hometown of Spokane, Washington, was not the ideal place to live if she wanted to succeed in Hollywood. Hence, the family eventually moved to Los Angeles for her to progress in her dream career. The family's decision to move to Los Angeles eventually resulted in financial consequences, which reportedly led to the family falling apart.

Sydney Sweeney blames herself for her parent's divorce

Sydney's parents chose to get divorced as a result of their financial strain, as per The Things. Sydney felt a lot of guilt despite their assurances that it wasn't her fault. "When my parents were getting a divorce, my brother blamed me. [Years later] my relationship with my mom became way healthier, and my dad and I kind of drifted apart, which broke my heart. My brother and I are way better now," stated the Emmy-nominated actress in a Cosmopolitan interview.

Sydney continued by claiming that she had previously "tried" to reunite her family by putting aside enough cash to repurchase their Spokane home. However, she lacked sufficient resources, and by then, her parents had established separate lives for themselves.

Tags news