Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Piers Morgan's hilarious broadcast about marijuana smoke at US Open sparks calls for permanent spot on 'The Five'

2023-09-02 13:54
Piers Morgan took on the news of marijuana smell at the US Open and added a humorous spin to it on the Fox News show 'The Five'
Piers Morgan's hilarious broadcast about marijuana smoke at US Open sparks calls for permanent spot on 'The Five'

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: The English TV personality Piers Morgan’s hilarious coverage of players complaint about marijuana smell at the US Open has struck a huge chord with fans who now want Morgan to be a permanent part of ‘The Five.’

The 58-year-old journalist and broadcaster is renowned for his unparalleled wit, dry humor, and controversial take on trending topics.

So when he came as a panelist on the Fox News chat show ‘The Five’, a few fireworks were guaranteed.

Luckily, Morgan found an equally interesting topic of conversation on ‘The Five’ which suited his demeanor and entertained the viewers with his humorous comments.

Piers Morgan can take a waft of marijuana over body odor any day

Morgan started off the segment by informing the viewers that the tennis stars at the US Open are complaining about the “smell of marijuana wafting through the court and throwing them off their game.”

A few players compared the extreme smell to “like Snoop Dogg’s living room.” Morgan revealed that many believed the marijuana smell came from “a park outside the stadium” but the source is yet to be found.

After reading the news, Morgan turned to Tyrus, who was once Snoop Dogg’s bodyguard, and hilariously said, “Well Tyrus...I have been to Wimbledon where it's hot. And frankly the option of a waft of pleasing marijuana over normal human body odor, I’ll take that.”

The rest of the members on the panel - Jesse Watters, Judge Jeanine, and Katie Pavlich couldn’t help but laugh at Morgan’s statement.

Tyrus did specify that the smell of the weed in New York has been “too much”, forcing Morgan to share that he has been to football and cricket stadiums where people stink of beer and champagne.

“Does the smell of cannabis really make a difference?”, Morgan asked the rest of the members of ‘The Five'

However, Pavlich who had been listening to Morgan for a while commented, “I can’t believe you compared the marijuana smell to stinky champagne,” leaving Morgan to burst into laughter on hearing that.

Pavlich later added that if “athletes making money" have a problem with the smell, then it should be a problem for the city as well.

Morgan immediately intervened and joked, “None of the best athletes have a problem with that.”

Fans want to ‘keep’ Piers Morgan permanently on ‘The Five’

After witnessing Morgan’s spirited and charged-up coverage of the marijuana smell at the US Open, fans commented in all caps to let the producers of the show know that they want the English journalist on ‘The Five.’

One user wrote, “Another good show. Can’t you just keep Piers on the show,” while a second added, “Piers Morgan is a Keeper.”

A third said, “Love Piers on the show. He should be on more often,” while another echoed the same sentiment, “Love Piers. He's great on here.”

A fifth mentioned, “I was laughing when Pierce said what he’d turn into me too.”

Tags news epcelebs