Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why Kayti Edwards finds Matthew Perry's death suspicious: Star's ex and Julie Andrews' granddaughter speaks out

2023-11-12 15:22
Kayti Edwards claims Matthew Perry may have relapsed before his death, citing an Instagram post in which he referred to himself as 'Mattman'
Why Kayti Edwards finds Matthew Perry's death suspicious: Star's ex and Julie Andrews' granddaughter speaks out

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Matthew Perry's ex-girlfriend Kayti Edwards believes the actor had a relapse before his death and disagrees with the idea that he “just drowned in his own jacuzzi.”

Kayti, a former model and ‘Mary Poppins’ star Julie Andrews' step-granddaughter, dated Matthew in 2006 and worked as his assistant in 2011. They remained close even after their breakup.

On October 28, the star of 'Friends' was discovered unresponsive in a hot tub at his $6M residence in Pacific Palisades in LA.

Initial tests indicated the absence of fentanyl or meth, but a comprehensive toxicology report is required to establish the cause of death.

Now, Edwards has questioned the official narrative, stating, “There are a lot of things that aren't adding up for me”.

What did Kayti Edwards say?

“I don't believe he just drowned in his Jacuzzi, that doesn't sound right,” Edwards revealed to The Sun.

The use of his nickname 'Mattman' in a social media post led Kayti Edwards to speculate that the 'Friends' actor may have started using again.

“I know Matthew and I know that he wouldn't have just drowned. I think he might have taken pills in the week leading up to this,” she said.

Edwards also noted, “They said there were no prescription painkillers at the scene, which doesn't surprise me, because he didn't leave drugs lying around."

“He was paranoid and would take them all, so there wasn't any evidence, and then go out for more when he was ready to,” she added.

According to Edwards, Perry's choice to sign off as "Mattman" in an Instagram post was a red flag for him having relapsed again. Perry formed his alter ego based on his deep love for Batman.

The post depicted Perry in the hot tub, the same place where his lifeless body would later be discovered.

“That Mattman thing was not something he did when he was sober. Mattman would come out when he was not sober and he felt kind of invincible,” Kayti continued.

She explained, “I was around when he was getting high, although I was not getting high with him, and when I would say maybe he should cool it a little bit with the drugs, he would say, 'No, I'm Mattman'.”

She went on to say that the actor was frequently obsessed with water while intoxicated.

She recalled, “One time, his neighbor in Hollywood Hills found Matthew naked and high in his swimming pool.”

“I had to go over there and get him out of his neighbor's pool. He had a thing with water when he was doing drugs. He always wanted to be in the pool or the Jacuzzi," Edwards claimed.

Kayti's grandfather Blake Edwards, the director of the original ‘Pink Panther’ films, introduced them before they reconnected at an AA meeting.

Edwards' suspicions have been heightened by the fact that Perry was supposedly alone at the time of his death.

"When he got high, he was always alone," Edwards noted, saying that Pery was “strategic” and often went to great lengths to conceal his drug usage.

The mother of four, who currently operates a horse rescue center, went on to work as Perry's assistant in 2011 and stated that the actor would frequently ask her to go out and pick up drugs such as heroin and crack even while she was pregnant.

What do reports say?

The Blast obtained Perry's death certificate, which reveals that his official cause of death is being postponed pending toxicology findings, which might take weeks.

According to initial accounts, he died with no fentanyl or meth in his bloodstream.

The document also stated the ‘Friends’ star time of death at 4.17 pm.

Perry had taken steps to become clean despite his long-term drug usage, including employing a long-term sober companion.

Perry had been open about his issues with alcohol and drug addiction, stating that at his lowest, he consumed 55 Vicodin per day.

Perry used the alias 'Erin' to allude to a female personal assistant and 'best friend' in his 2022 memoir ‘Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing'.

Morgan Moses, 37, a professional who specializes in 'therapy crisis intervention,' has since been revealed to be ‘Erin’.

Perry praised Moses for “saving his life” after she sat by his bedside every night for five months while he recovered from an exploded colon caused by an opiate overdose.

‘Friends’ co-stars Jennifer Aniston, Matt LeBlanc, Lisa Kudrow, Courteney Cox, and David Schwimmer attended his funeral last week, on November 3, at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in the Hollywood Hills.

He was laid to rest in a cemetery near Warner Brothers' Los Angeles studios, where the iconic sitcom was shot.

Tags news