Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Aoki Lee Simmons calls out 'misogynistic' insults in her DMs amid public feud with dad Russell Simmons

2023-06-23 05:20
'Until a short time ago, this is the man who told me 'always defend and look after your mother girls,' wrote Aoki Lee Simmons
Aoki Lee Simmons calls out 'misogynistic' insults in her DMs amid public feud with dad Russell Simmons

BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA: Aoki Lee Simmons is topping the headlines again after she called out the "honestly foul" comments and messages amid her dispute with her father Russell Simmons. On Wednesday, the Harvard graduate took to her Instagram Stories that "pathetic" men who are mostly older than her father whom she recently accused of verbal abuse, send her "sexist" and "misogynistic" messages.

"I wonder how your mothers, sisters, daughters, nieces, girlfriends [and] wives, would feel seeing [these] misogynistic stereotypes and names," said the 20-year-old who shared that these messages came out from their "absolute hate for women of color." Simmons went on saying, "All of us b*****s are like this’ and 'this is the problem with you girls/women/black women/bitter women/hoes/ skanks today.' "

'This is the man who told me 'always defend' '

Later, Aoki shared a childhood picture of herself being held in the arms of her father. Talking about the 65-year-old music executive, she wrote, "Until a short time ago, this is the man who told me 'always defend and look after your mother girls,' and 'never let a man curse at you,’ 'you call Daddy if a man ever tries to yell [at] you or scare you',” and added, "real men don’t shout at women and girls."

"So to all the toxic men in my comments using 'Im defending him' to be foul and talk about all the grievances you have with women, you can save it," Aoki wrote.

Russell and Kimora Lee Simmons who shares Aoki and Ming Lee, 23. The former couple got married in 1998 and broke up in 2000, according to Page Six.

Ming snubbed Russell on Father's Day

Ming wished Kimora a 'Happy Father's Day' instead of Russell which provoked the Def Jam co-founder who then posted a cryptic post that read, "Stop telling fathers they should have fought harder to see their children [and] start asking mothers why he had to fight at all."

Following his Instagram post, Aoki slammed her father and claimed he threatened to ruin her chances in the entertainment industry and her modeling career. She accused him of giving her "panic attacks to the point [she] was placed on emergency medication every time [they] spoke."

Aoki shared a screen-recorded muted video of her father who appeared to yell at her over FaceTime. She also expressed her doubt that Russell is "mentally ill or experiencing something like dementia."

Russell then took to Instagram to apologize to her daughters saying that he is "deeply sorry for being frustrated and yelling… but know this… there are no conditions… for sure I love you guys more than I love myself."

Tags news